Session Platform – Zoom
The platform that will be used for the session running is Zoom. The session programme is run in Zoom meeting rooms, while most strategic and keynote lectures will be held as Zoom webinars. We strongly recommend that you download the Zoom client. Using Zoom through your browser has some limitations in terms of features and the stability of your connection. Your bandwidth must have a capacity of at least 1 MBits/s upstream and 2 MBits/s downstream to ensure a sufficient quality of your attendance. However, it is acknowledged that a number of organisations prohibit their staff from downloading the Zoom client; participating in the Zoom meetings will also be possible through a browser, including being able to join the break-out rooms. The sessions are also streamed to the live session page, this way following the presentation part of sessions is possible without accessing Zoom at all; however, the break-out video meetings cannot be joined this way.
Zoom practice sessions will be provided every day between 30 August and 02 September from 09:00–11:00 CEST (31 Aug/2 Sep) and 16:00–18:00 (30 Aug/1 Sep) CEST. You will be able to join a test session and test your video and audio connections. The test session link will be provided at the presenter guidelines.
How to get to your session
- Find the active session of your interest in your personal programme, the session programme, or "What's on today".
- Clicking on "Enter live session" will take you to the live session page. This has a list of presentations with links to display materials, a text chat, and access to the Zoom session and handshake tool.
- Enter the Zoom session using the green button "Enter Zoom Meeting". Please make sure your microphone/camera are off. Preferably install and run the Zoom app rather than running Zoom in a browser window.
- If you do not see the live-session buttons come up, it helps to "hard-refresh" your browser (i.e. override the cache copy): Ctrl+F5 for all browsers on Windows; Chrome for Mac: Command + Shift + R; Safari for Mac: Command + Option + R.
- Please be patient if pages take a little time to load, especially upon arriving at the conference. Live-session buttons will be up 15 minutes before each session.
Zoom setting for meetings
- Everybody accesses the Zoom Meetings – conveners/chairs, presenting authors, and participants – at the start of the session.
- A conference assistant will be present as host and will promote the conveners/chairs to co-hosts.
- Presenting authors will unmute themselves and switch on their camera once the convener/chairs invite them to give their live presentation.
- The conference assistant will share their screen to show pre-uploaded and pre-recorded slides/presentations.
- The discussion period is also held in the Zoom Meeting with break-out rooms per presenter. Attention: the option to assign yourself to break-out rooms might not be possible if you join Zoom through your browser. Please download the Zoom client to make full use of the break-out rooms and your self-assignment to such rooms. If you join Zoom through your browser and the assignment is not working, please ask the conference assistant to assign you to a break-out room of your choice.