Registration for the EMS Annual Meeting 2021 is by payment of the appropriate registration fee. There is no waiving of registration fees except for scientists receiving support.
Registration fees cover access to all scientific and networking events.
Early registration rate
- When registering for the early registration rate, there are two payment options: (a) by credit card or (b) by bank transfer.
Standard registration rate
- You can register online until the end of the conference, but you can only pay by credit card.
Remark on VAT: while in-person conferences invoice registration fees with the value-added tax (VAT) of the country where the event takes place, fully virtual participation has by EU law a different regulation. The prices below are all net prices. The VAT in the invoices and payments will be added as follows and depends on (a) the country of residence of the attendee and (b) whether they apply an institutional invoice to their employer or a personal invoice:
- Institutional invoice for German institutions: 19% German VAT will be added to the net prices given below and the gross amount must be paid.
- Institutional invoice for institutions from EU countries excl. Germany: the institution's VAT ID must be provided. Then, the reverse-charge procedure will be applied. The invoiced amount stays net and the institution is obliged to settle the VAT in their country.
- Institutional invoice for institutions from outside the EU: the reverse-charge procedure will be applied. The invoiced amount stays net and the institution is obliged to settle the VAT in their country.
- Personal invoices, residency Germany: 19% German VAT will be added to the net prices given below and the gross amount must be paid.
- Personal invoices, residency EU excl. Germany: the OSS procedure will be applied. Copernicus will use the VAT rate of the country of residence of the attendee. This VAT rate will be added to the net prices below when issuing the gross invoice amount to be paid. Copernicus will centrally settle these foreign-country VAT amounts with the German authorities.
- Personal invoices, residency outside the EU: this is not possible. Attendees from outside the EU must apply an institutional invoice.
||Virtual attendance: Week ticket
|Early registration rates
(deadline 28 July 2021)
|Standard registration rates
|Member 2021 (1):
|Student member 2021 (1, 2):
|Student non-member (2):
Participants having paid their annual membership fee for 2021 to the AMS
, or any of the member societies of the EMS, and staff of EMS Associate Members. Please check on EMS web site
, whether your organisation belongs to the EMS.
Please enclose/show proof of status.
Instructions for online registration
- Please ensure you have read and understood the cancellation policy on registration conditions as provided on the website.
- All information should be typed in upper and lower case (e.g. Jane Smith).
- You will have the opportunity to review and edit any registration details before the final stage of payment.
- 60 minutes is the maximum time allowance to complete the form before the system times out.
- The current versions of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Edge are the preferred platforms for use of the forms.
Terms and conditions
- Pre-registration at early registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and the standard registration rates will be applied.
- Registering and paying the corresponding registration fee is personal, assigned to a single user account, and not transferable.
- Registration for the conference implies the acceptance of the rules of conduct.
- Registration is only possible when accepting the data protection agreement. A Copernicus Office user account is necessary in order to register. For participants without existing account, an account needs to be created.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including received invoice, are only possible for unpaid invoices. In this case, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new one through the registration form, including the correct registration rate. Please note that the deadline for early registration also applies in these cases.
Conditions and cancellation policy
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings by 28 July 2021. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 28 July 2021 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- Registration fees are not refundable in case the conference has to be cancelled because of a force majeure.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
By registering, participants acknowledge and consent that during their attendance at the EMS Annual Meeting 2021 their contributions to online sessions may be recorded by an official of the conference. This content may be distributed or published at the discretion of the European Meteorological Society. If you do not wish to be recorded, you are required to formally advise the EMS Secretariat