Guidelines for conveners
Conveners and co-conveners are permanently assisted by the staff of Copernicus Meetings. We will inform you about any deadlines and tasks with regard to the organisation of your session. You will be asked to use different tools of our Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer online system. Therefore, you need a user account (user ID and password). All links and related instructions will be given by email.
Your tasks include the following:
- Define your session by title, description, and organisers;
- Advertise your session to your scientific community and solicit keynote presentations;
- Rate registration fee waiver applications as an input for the support selection committees;
- Organise your session through evaluation, acceptance, and transfer of submitted abstracts and providing scheduling requests
- Select the presentation types (oral/solicited/poster) for each abstract;
- Define chairpersons for the actual run of your session at the conference.
The Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer provides the tools to assist you in the fulfilment of your tasks.